Many current and ex-serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel don’t realise that university is a viable option for them or their families.
Participants in this program can:
- find out how ACU will support veterans and their families as they transition to university and during their studies
- learn how to apply
- discover what courses they may be eligible for based on military experience
- find out what support services are available
- experience an academic lecture
- talk with current student veterans and more.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
The event is run over seven days, but it is comprised of multiple standalone sessions that cover a range of topics. Sessions include workshops, mini academic lectures, panel discussions, and student and staff presentations. Participants can join as many sessions as they like.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
This program is free - there is no cost to attend.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
Current and ex-serving ADF personnel and their families are all welcome.
DO I NEED TO ATTEND ALL SESSIONS?
No, you can attend one, many or all of the sessions - it is entirely up to the individual.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
Registrations are encouraged but not essential - drop-ins are welcome. Proof of registration to attend will be provided via email for those who require it.